12.14.2006

My Mum - I miss you at this blessed time of year

I don't know what it is..... the way the Christmas lights twinkle, much like your blue eyes did with life. Maybe it is the gentle snowflake that falls and melts away, yet we remember its beauty; just like you. Perhaps, it is the whisper in my heart, that I hear in my dreams. I miss you Mum.

Rosemarie Peirson was a woman who, through life's many turns, was as strong as she was loving. She brought up five daughters in a marriage that saw her act as both parents near the end of it. By her loving lead, she taught us independence, strength of spirit and that laughter would get you through anything in life. She was a teenager in WWII; something she rarely talked about but you could see it in her eyes - those days as a young woman in Berlin, Germany.

She doted on all of us in our time; she never compared any of us and only wanted us to be happy. We all had an amazing relationship with our mother. I prayed to God that Mum would make it to see my first child. She did, in fact, she saw her being born. She was with my little one the day of her death in October, 2005. Mum came to me in spirit about 10 minutes before my husband called to tell me she was gone. I screamed for part of my soul had left forever. When I was a baby, she held my hand until I went to sleep; I wish to feel that again sometimes.

This will be the 2nd Christmas without you Mum. You are in the curls of my daughter's hair and she echoes your independent spirit. I thank God that I had you as long as I did - you loved me without question and believed in me so much. I hope to be the mother that you were to me; to all of us.

As I hang Christmas decorations this holiday, I will think of you, look up and blow a kiss to the moon. For you are amongst the stars, shining as brightly as you did in life. I love you and will miss you always. Please, visit me in my dreams - so that for a time, I don't have to be without you.

xo
Helen

1 comment:

shelley said...



what an absolutely beautiful tribute to your mum. her legacy lives on in her daughters and little grace...